I spaced last week and forgot to post the playlist of the week, so to make up for that, you get two for the price of one today: Modern Romance and We’re not Robots.
Modern Romance is just a little gather of love songs that feel a bit more like what love really is to me. Some of the songs are quirky and sweet, and others are a little more deep. Some of the songs are about those first butterflies, and some are about working at it a little further down the line. And maybe a little bit of heartbreak, of course.
Here’s the track list:
- Tell Her You Love Her – Echosmith
- Walk Through Hell – Say Anything
- If You Don’t Mind – Sam Behymer
- Between Me and You – Brandon Flowers
- What I Wouldn’t Do – Serena Ryder
- La Luna – Lucy Schwartz
- You Are Enough – Sleeping At Last
- Stolen Dance – Milky Chance
- Modern Romance – TV On The Radio (This is a cover, definitely check out the original by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs.)
- 10,000 Emerald Pools
Here’s the link:
We are not Robots is inspired by a few things this week. My husband is an engineer with a very scientific mind. I made playlists about how opposite we were when we dated. This week I had been listening to some Marina and the Diamonds around the house, and he happened to hear “I am not a Robot” later in the week on one of his podcasts. It just reminded me of some of those songs and why I love them.
So it’s equal parts songs about technology, robots, songs sung by a robot and love in the technical age. Here you go:
- I am not a Robot – Marina and the Diamonds
- Science Vs. Romance – Rilo Kiley
- But She Beat My High Score – Say Hi (I do not condone dumping your awesome gamer girlfriend. Just propose, she’ll game with you forever.)
- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots – The Flaming Lips
- Still Alive – Aperture Science Psychoacoustic Laboratory
- Want You Gone – Apeture Science Psychoacoustic Laboratory